1940s shoe restoring


So basically, a few weeks ago I bought a pair of vintage shoes on eBay (with the intent of reselling). When they arrived, I wasn't expecting them to be in amazing condition. Still, the insole literally ripped straight off; I knew I'd have to clean them up a little, but not replace the whole insole. turns out i might have to.


Reference (how they look now)



I may seem overconfident saying these are actually the first vintage shoes I have done this much work on, but as a  'creative', nothing I make turns out horrible, soooooo I'm fixing them myself. I will be replacing the whole insole, or attaching a newer fabric underneath so it has more of a chance of staying, and it will also be a lot more comfortable to wear. 


I am currently still researching the best fabrics for this and have found a few good options so far.

I cannot wait to see what these turn out like (I am reselling these heels). I'll keep you updated.

MissDavis x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

starting out